After a national search, Philip Anderson has been appointed director of the Argonne Leadership Institute in Human Resource Services. He will partner with leaders and employees across the laboratory to … Read More
Last week’s Operations Security (OPSEC) events were a great success. The OPSEC Working Group spread OPSEC awareness around the lab through various activities including training, articles, informational handouts, and informative briefings.
To kick off the week on Monday, many people stopped by the Cafeteria to grab free gifts and OPSEC awareness materials. On Tuesday, “Planning … Read More »
As summer continues, Argonne Security/Protective Force would like to remind everyone to wear their site access credentials (badge or gate pass) while on site.
The Protective Force routinely conducts credential challenges on those individuals observed not wearing site access credentials. Please remember the following guidance to help keep us all safe.
Wear your badge or … Read More »
The free weight area of the Fitness Center will be closed from 2 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 1, through Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2019, for painting.
The cardio, upper and lower body work out areas, and locker room will remain open.
Argonne Director Paul Kearns will host a “pop-up” on Wednesday, July 31, 2019, at 10 a.m. in Building 46, Room 112A. All are welcome to attend. Coffee will be provided.
Kearns hosts informal gatherings approximately twice a month at locations across the Argonne site. Wide-ranging discussions at these meetings have covered laboratory strategy, diversity and … Read More »
The Argonne Guest House Restaurant presents a Shrimp Boil every Thursday for lunch and dinner during the month of August 2015. Reservations are not required. Read More »
The Postdoctoral Program Office is hosting two workshops to prepare job seekers for diverse careers. Both workshops are scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 8, 2019, in the Building 203 Auditorium.
The first workshop will address structuring your CV for an academic career. The second workshop will present strategies and guidelines for crafting highly effective job application … Read More »
Based on feedback from listening sessions held with Paul Kearns, the lab leadership team, and frontline supervisors, and from the Work Planning and Control (WPC) researcher forum, the WPC Program Office has created a list of technical experts. The technical experts are available to provide professional assistance in reviewing work control documents and planning or … Read More »
Argonne will host the High-performance Computing (HPC) Users Forum on Monday, Sept. 9, through Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2019 at the Building 240 TCS Conference Center.
U.S. citizens Monday, Sept. 2, 2019 Non-U.S. citizens Monday, Aug. 19, 2019
Results from the Total Rewards Survey are now available on Inside Argonne. We are also sharing the questions and answers from the town hall meeting presenting the results.
The laboratory engaged in its first ever Total Rewards Survey last fall to discover and understand the perceptions and values of the laboratory’s diverse … Read More »
- The Proton Size Determined from a New Measurement of the Atomic Hydrogen n=2 Lamb Shift: Resolving the Proton Radius PuzzleNovember 15 - 11:00 am
- Climate Change and Health in IllinoisNovember 18 - 10:30 am
- Flowing the Strong Interactions and the Electric Dipole MomentNovember 18 - 3:30 pm
- Study finds climate impact of hydropower varies widelyNovember 14, 2019
- Chicago Quantum Summit hosts international researchers, industry membersNovember 7, 2019
- X-rays of human skull to improve military helmetsNovember 7, 2019
- #ICYMI - Pioneering collaboration leads researchers to comb through thousands of scientific articles to identify ke… https://t.co/WVx2HNApVn 2 hours ago
- #ICYMI - A computational study on the role of glutamate and NMDA receptors on cortical spreading depression using a… https://t.co/XnDB2YxvCt 8 hours ago