V. Rao Kotamarthi (EVS), chief scientist and department head of the Atmospheric Science and Climate research group, will discuss his Laboratory-Directed Research and Development (LDRD) sponsored work at the LDRD Seminar Series presentation Tuesday, July 9, 2019, at 12:30 p.m. in Building 212, Room A157. All are welcome to attend.
Argonne will host the first in a series of AI for Science town hall meetings to be held at U.S Department of Energy (DOE) national laboratories. The Chicago AI for Science meeting is scheduled for Monday July 22, and Tuesday, July 23, 2019, in the Building 240 Conference Center. Registration is required.
The … Read More »
Preliminary proposals for a new laboratory-funded technology maturation program called Lab-to-Market (L2M) are due by July 8, 2019.
L2M, which is managed by the Technology Commercialization and Partnerships Division (TCP), is aimed at broadening the scope and increasing the number of Argonne-developed technologies licensed to industry.
According to the National Fire Protection Agency, fireworks are the riskiest consumer product when it comes to fire fatalities.
Shocking statistics 12,000 people went to the emergency room for fireworks-related injuries in 2017. Of those injured, 36 percent were children under the age of 15. Sparklers accounted for nearly half of the injuries to children … Read More »
4th quarter radiation dosimeters were due Wednesday, Dec. 23, 2015. Read More »
- Nonlinear and Ultrafast Spectroscopy of Colloidal NanomaterialsNovember 13 - 11:00 pm
- Engineering Superconductivity in Semiconductor Nanowires for Quantum Device ApplicationsNovember 14 - 1:00 pm
- Chemical Selectivity in Surface Deposition ReactionsNovember 14 - 2:00 pm
- Chicago Quantum Summit hosts international researchers, industry membersNovember 7, 2019
- X-rays of human skull to improve military helmetsNovember 7, 2019
- Harvesting energy from light using bio-inspired artificial cellsNovember 7, 2019