Virgin Pulse event: ‘The Inca Trail Pure Step Challenge’
Have you been waiting for a more competitive Virgin Pulse challenge, geared toward active members who use fitness trackers to track steps? Gather up your most committed teammates and join us on the Inca Trail. While participants will need a tracker to be competitive in this particular challenge, there will always be challenges that allow self-entered activity. Watch for an email from Virgin Pulse on Friday, July 19, 2019, to register. The challenge runs from Monday, July 29, to Monday, Aug. 19, 2019.
Located in the Andes mountain range, the challenge trail passes through cloud forest, alpine tundra, Incan settlements, tunnels, and ruins. And when you make it to the end of the 55-mile trek, you’ll find yourself at the Sun Gate of Machu Picchu.
- This challenge starts on Monday, July 29, and ends on Monday, Aug 19, 2019.
- The last day to upload your steps is Wednesday, Aug, 21. But uploading daily is more fun!
- Teams can have up to eight participants.
- You can join an existing team or create a new team.
- Either way, try to have a full team of eight to maximize your score.
- Team scores are based on total team steps.
- The more steps your team gets, the better your score.
- To contribute to your team score, you must upload steps from a fitness tracker or app.
- You can get credit for 30,000 steps a day (so aim high)!
- The team with the most steps at the end of the challenge wins.
- As you go, try to unlock each stage with your team.
- If you unlock all the stages before the challenge ends, keep walking. Another team could still pass you on the Challenge Leaderboard.
Good to Know
- If you leave a team after the challenge start date, you can’t rejoin the challenge.
- If you join a team after the challenge start date, some of your steps may not count. (Skip the heartache — join before the challenge starts.)
- Participant names and step counts may be shared with other challenge participants and administrators.