The Audiovisual Support Services team is committed to operational excellence, which includes ongoing review of our services to assure they match laboratory expectations, technological advances, and security needs. For these reasons, and in keeping with U.S. Department of Energy security protocols, AV Support Services will no long provide loaner laptops for meetings. You may request … Read More
The Global Travel Office will close for the holiday break at 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 20, 2019. The office reopens at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 2, 2020. Argonne’s off-site travel office, ADTRAV, will be open during the break.
Holiday break travel contacts:
RezDesk and GetThere, Argonne’s online booking tools, will operate normally. The ADTRAV … Read More »
Grab your holiday sweater, Santa hat, or Rudolph nose and join the U.S. Department of Energy’s Health and Wellness Committee and the Argonne Running Club for their holiday run or walk on Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019, at noon. Participants should meet at the Building 201 Lobby.
The 30-minute run or walk follows an out-and-back course. … Read More »
The year-end holiday break at Argonne begins at 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 20, 2019, and ends Thursday morning, Jan. 2, 2020. Argonne observes Dec. 24, 25, 31, and Jan. 1 as holidays and Argonne employees embedded in federal offices observe Dec. 25 and Jan. 1 as holidays. For employees eligible for holiday pay, the … Read More »
Six Flags Great America Theme Park is offering Argonne employees discounted tickets. Read More »
Argonne’s employee resource group ABLED (Argonne Backs, Listens, and Educates for Disabilities), will recognize International Day of Persons with Disabilities on Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2019, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Building 213 Cafeteria. Following this year’s theme, “The Future is Accessible,” the day provides an opportunity to promote the rights and well-being … Read More »
Argonne researchers will discuss their 2019 Laboratory-Directed Research and Development (LDRD)-sponsored expeditions on Friday, Dec. 6, 2019, beginning at 9 a.m. in Building 240, Rooms 1406-1407.
Project principal investigators will present the results of their 2019 Advanced Computing projects in the areas of quantum, neuromorphic, accelerators for deep learning, and the future Aurora exascale computer. … Read More »
Enjoy a legendary outing at a Chicago Bulls game with Argonne employees, family, and friends.
Share the excitement of Bulls basketball and the NBA’s leading entertainment experience as the team takes on the Trailblazers, Grizzlies, Warriors, Hornets, Hawks, Jazz, and Celtics.
Don’t miss out on exclusive savings. Purchase tickets at a discounted price now through … Read More »
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) announced University of Maryland, Baltimore County as the national winner of DOE’s fifth CyberForce Competition, held … Read More »
Do I really need to make this trip? Read More »
- Principles of Open Government Data and Open Science in Archaeology: Big Data Lessons from the Digital Index of North American ArchaeologyJanuary 20 - 10:30 am
- Machine Learning in Fundamental Nuclear Physics ResearchJanuary 20 - 3:30 pm
- Development and Deployment of Negative Emissions Technologies: Humanity’s Moonshot for the 21st CenturyJanuary 21 - 11:00 am
- The Big Questions: Ian Foster on High-Performance ComputingJanuary 15, 2020
- Department of Energy announces $625 million for new quantum centersJanuary 10, 2020
- Energy Dept. invests $625M in ‘transformative technology’January 10, 2020
- #ICYMI - The mechanistic and functional profile of the therapeutic anti-IgE antibody ligelizumab differs from omali… https://t.co/1nvX1lbvVP 6 hours ago
- RT @NatureComms : In a recent paper published in @NatureComms and available here https://t.co/DhRpXeiNPc, Phay Ho and colleagues from @EPFL ,… 1 day ago