Argonne to host 5th DOE CyberForce Competition™
Argonne will host the 5th annual CyberForce Competition™ along with nine other national laboratories that will unite 104 college and professional teams to compete against each other. The competition will be held on Friday, Nov. 15, 2019, from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. in Building 240 TCS Conference Center and in Building 241.
This year’s scenario involves one of four energy infrastructures: a solar energy generation facility, an energy distributor substation, a high-performance computing data center, or a manufacturing facility. Throughout the course of the day, teams will have to interact with the other infrastructures, work through real-world issues, and keep their assigned infrastructure up and secure.
Assistant Secretary for CESER Karen S. Evans, U.S. Rep. Bill Foster and Carol Phelps, Microsoft’s Midwest security director for cybersecurity solutions group, will be in attendance for parts of the competition.
For more information on CyberForce, visit the CyberForce Competition website.
Other national laboratories hosting teams are:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory (Upton, NY)
- Idaho National Laboratory (Idaho Falls, ID)
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley, CA)
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (Livermore, CA)
- National Energy Technology Laboratory (Morgantown, WV)
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory (Lakewood, CO)
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Oak Ridge, TN)
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (Richland, WA)
- Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM)