New loaner laptop guidelines
The Audiovisual Support Services team is committed to operational excellence, which includes ongoing review of our services to assure they match laboratory expectations, technological advances, and security needs. For these reasons, and in keeping with U.S. Department of Energy security protocols, AV Support Services will no long provide loaner laptops for meetings. You may request loaner laptops through Field Service Support by submitting a Vector request or calling the Service Desk at ext. 2-9999, option 2.
How This May Effect You
- Plan to bring your laptop (including any adaptors/dongles) to meetings. You may want to review your meeting location ahead of time to be sure you have all the connections you need.
- If your meeting does require a loaner laptop, contact Field Service Support in advance.
- Loaner devices will be imaged with a standard Business and Information Services (BIS) computer build. If you have unique requirements, such as non-standard software, let us know when you request a laptop. Special requests may require more lead time.
- AV Support Services will perform basic troubleshooting of loaner laptops. If your needs are more specialized, such as loading software or advanced troubleshooting, Field Service Support will be required to help you.
- If your meeting requires an audio or video conferencing tool, the lab standard is BlueJeans, for which we have the necessary licenses. AV Support Services is best prepared to assist with BlueJeans, while troubleshooting may be limited with other conferencing tools, like Zoom and WebEx. BIS does not support using an alternate conferencing tool for your meetings.
For additional information, contact Field Service Support or AV Support Services, both through the Service Desk at ext. 2-9999, option 2.