Gate pass and badge renewal for 2020
If you rely on contractors, visitors, or site occupants who have gate passes or temporary photo badges expiring in 2019, Security encourages you to process their renewal before Friday, Dec. 20, 2019. You can exchange old passes/badges for 2020 versions starting Monday, Dec. 9. Starting the process early will help avoid site-access delays.
Security encourages large groups to call the Argonne Information Center, Building 224, at ext. 2-5755 to schedule a convenient time to exchange expiring passes/badges. You must return expiring photo badges to receive new ones.
Please ensure all temporary appointments have been renewed through Human Resource Services as necessary.
Reminder: Per LMS-POL-67 Visitor Site Access Approval, Security may not approve long-term or night/weekend access if the laboratory’s and visitor’s purpose can be accomplished with several shorter-term passes.
REAL ID Notice
Effective Oct. 1, 2020, a REAL ID will be required to gain access to the laboratory. If you do not provide a REAL ID when you renew a 2020 long-term pass/badge, the new pass/badge will have an end date of Aug. 14, 2020. At that time, you will need to renew the pass/badge again and provide a REAL ID. Of course, you can renew your pass/badge with a REAL/ID at any time before your appointment end date.
REAL IDs include:
- REAL ID-compliant driver’s license/state identification card
- U.S. passport
- U.S. passport card
- DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
- U.S. Department of Defense ID, including IDs issued to dependents
- Permanent resident card
- Border crossing card
- State-issued Enhanced Driver’s License
- Federally recognized, tribal-issued photo ID
- HSPD-12 PIV card
- Foreign government-issued passport
- Canadian provincial driver’s license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
- Transportation worker identification credential
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
- U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential
Questions? Contact Site Access Manager Kaitlyn Mason at ext. 2-5959.
Argonne Information Center hours: Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Badging Office hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.