How to request AV Support Services
The Audiovisual Support Services team aims to provide consistent, exceptional assistance to all its Argonne partners. Since the best results rely on good communication, here is an updated guide to making a request.
To schedule Audiovisual Support Services, create a new calendar invite from your personal calendar and invite AVSupportService@anl.gov for the date and time of your meeting or other event. Please submit requests at least two business days prior to the start of the meeting. Since AV Support Services needs time to properly prepare and allocate resources, last-minute requests may incur premium service charges.
Meetings starting before 8:30 a.m. or ending after 5 p.m., or other premium services, require a cost code. You can find charges for various premium services on the Audiovisual Services page on Inside Argonne.
Please include in your calendar invite the following information:
- Meeting title
- Location (both building and room)
- The calendar invite date and time needs to be the actual meeting start and end time. AV will be there at least 15 minutes before the actual start time.
- Indicate whether you would like setup assistance only or full-event support. Full support means that an AV tech will be stationed in the room for the entire meeting providing support as required. This amenity is applicable to high-profile events and events with many moving parts or presenters.
- Is this a BlueJeans meeting? If so, please provide meeting ID and moderator code.
- Any other meeting needs or requirements.
- AV Support Services considers the person sending the calendar invite the event coordinator. It is that person’s responsibility to keep the calendar entry up-to-date, including cancellations. A “no show” at the meeting is considered a premium service.
- Please do not send the calendar invite by the same calendar entry used to book a room. Often the room booking starts before and goes longer than the actual event. This time difference results in AV Support Services attending events significantly before and after the necessary times, which affects our ability to cover other lab events.
Questions? Contact AV Support Services through the Service Desk at ext. 2-9999, option 2.