Seven … Read More
Awards, recognition, transitions, new faces.
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) recently announced the selection of John Connolly, deputy associate lab director for operations of the Photon Sciences directorate, and director of the APS Engineering Support division (AES), for the Oppenheimer Science and Energy Leadership Program (OSELP).
Connolly will join the fourth cohort of OSELP, a DOE program to develop … Read More »
Earlier this week, Argonne Lab Director Paul Kearns spread the word in Washington D.C. about Argonne’s ongoing role as a leader of the nation’s peaceful uses of nuclear energy.
Kearns discussed the lab’s latest nuclear research advancements at the “Up and Atom” quarterly morning briefing, hosted by the Office of Nuclear Energy and attended by … Read More »
Chad Husko and Jonathan Logan had just started in the National Science Foundation I-Corps site program at the University of Chicago Polsky Center when Argonne National Laboratory posted the opportunity to gain a place in the U.S. Department of Energy’s Energy I-Corps training program.
Husko, who had worked at Argonne’s Center for Nanoscale Materials, … Read More »
Ten employees of Argonne National Laboratory received Director’s Awards, representing the best of this year’s Pacesetter Awards.
They were honored on Oct. 14 during a reception hosted by Argonne … Read More »
Former Argonne employee and recent Argonne Associate Edward Ryan died on Oct. 20, 2019. Born in 1939, Ryan began his lifelong career at Argonne at the age of 21 and was still … Read More »
Former Argonne engineer Ramanujam (Raj) Sekar died Monday, Oct. 7, 2019. Born in 1943, Sekar received his M.S. in mechanical engineering from the University of Wisconsin, Madison (1969) and an MBA … Read More »
Twenty-two Argonne National Laboratory community members will be honored at an awards ceremony and reception hosted by the UChicago Argonne Board of Governors on Monday, Nov. 4, at 3 p.m. in the Building 240 TCS Conference Center. All are welcome to attend.
The Board of Governors Awards, presented annually, honor distinguished employee performance, outstanding service … Read More »
The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) Argonne National Laboratory has hired Junhong Chen to serve as Lead Water Strategist for the laboratory.
Water availability, and the nexus between energy and water, represents one of … Read More »
- The Proton Size Determined from a New Measurement of the Atomic Hydrogen n=2 Lamb Shift: Resolving the Proton Radius PuzzleNovember 15 - 11:00 am
- Climate Change and Health in IllinoisNovember 18 - 10:30 am
- Flowing the Strong Interactions and the Electric Dipole MomentNovember 18 - 3:30 pm
- Study finds climate impact of hydropower varies widelyNovember 14, 2019
- Chicago Quantum Summit hosts international researchers, industry membersNovember 7, 2019
- X-rays of human skull to improve military helmetsNovember 7, 2019
- #ICYMI - Pioneering collaboration leads researchers to comb through thousands of scientific articles to identify ke… https://t.co/WVx2HNApVn 1 hour ago
- #ICYMI - A computational study on the role of glutamate and NMDA receptors on cortical spreading depression using a… https://t.co/XnDB2YxvCt 8 hours ago