The Fitness Center will be closed on Saturday, Nov 16, and Sunday, Nov. 17, 2019, for maintenance. The center will reopen Monday, Nov. 18 at 5 a.m.
Facilities-Shipping and Receiving will be closed during the Thanksgiving holiday, Thursday, Nov. 28, and Friday, Nov. 29, 2019. No special deliveries will be scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 30. Shipments and deliveries will resume on Monday, Dec. 2, 2019.
For questions, please contact Shipping and Receiving Manager, Doreen Schoening (FAC) at ext. 2-4939.
Sodexo is hosting its second cooking class on Thursday, Nov. 14, 2019, from 4 to 6 p.m. in the Building 213 Cafeteria Lobby. The menu items will be asparagus chicken roulade, duchess potatoes, and a festive salad recipe with Chef George and Sharon.
Interested participants need to RSVP by Tuesday, Nov. 12, to Chef George … Read More »
Global Travel Office (GTO) staff will discuss recent changes to policies and procedures, arranging travel for subcontractors, the new International Travel Approval (ANL-1043) form, loaner phones, and answer any questions that attendees have about the international travel process at the August refresher course.
The course is available to all employees, and is … Read More »
Southwood Drive will be closed Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2019, from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. from Outer Circle to Bluff Road for water line repairs. Signs and barricades will mark the closure; use Meridian Road as an alternate.
Argonne National Laboratory’s Global Travel Office (GTO) will release an updated version of the International Travel Approval (ANL-1043) form on Nov. 1, 2019. This effort aligns with our goal of operational excellence and results from an external audit of Argonne’s controls surrounding international travel in multiple areas: computer/information security, traveler/personnel safety, and security and export … Read More »
Mobile Lube Express will be on campus Thursday, Oct. 24, 2019, providing convenient, onsite oil change service for employees.
Employees can drop their vehicles off for service anytime between 8 a.m. and noon at the raised portion of the Building 200 Parking Lot (kitty-corner to Building 205) and pick up their vehicle later in the … Read More »
A big thank you to all who completed the Green Ride survey and shared feedback on Argonne’s bike share, rideshare, and electric vehicle charging programs. In continuation of our outreach activities, the Sustainability program is hosting a series of focus group sessions to take a deeper dive into these programs.
All employees are welcome and … Read More »
The 2019 Wellness and Safety Fair, sponsored by Worker Safety, & Health, will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2019, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Building 240 TCS Conference Center. All employees are invited to attend.
There will be a raffle, samples, and door prizes. Also, help yourself to a slice of … Read More »
The Global Travel Office (GTO) moved to Building 233 (previous location of Abri Credit Union) on Oct. 2, 2019. This relocation enables GTO to better serve the Argonne community, and reflects Argonne’s overall commitment to operational excellence. The new office is centrally located in the center of the lab and has more space for monthly … Read More »
- Quantum Information Processing with Bosonic ModesNovember 13 - 11:00 am
- Nonlinear and Ultrafast Spectroscopy of Colloidal NanomaterialsNovember 13 - 11:00 pm
- Engineering Superconductivity in Semiconductor Nanowires for Quantum Device ApplicationsNovember 14 - 1:00 pm
- Chicago Quantum Summit hosts international researchers, industry membersNovember 7, 2019
- X-rays of human skull to improve military helmetsNovember 7, 2019
- Harvesting energy from light using bio-inspired artificial cellsNovember 7, 2019
- C^4 hails from @BoiseState and is hoping to take it all this weekend @INL for the @ENERGY CyberForce Competition™.… https://t.co/aNHDrxYK27 2 hours ago
- Team CyberSec from @BaldwinWallace competes @NETL_DOE this for this weekend's CyberForce Competition™. All seniors… https://t.co/abFc3nKnFK 4 hours ago