Representatives from Argonne and Chain Reaction Innovations (CRI), Argonne’s lab-embedded entrepreneurship program, will take part in a panel discussion titled “Energy Tech & Innovation: Solutions for Our Future” on Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2019, at hub88 (2000 Lucent Lane, Naperville, IL, 60563).
The Technology Commercialization and Partnerships division invites you to register for a presentation by David McCallum, new program capture manager, on the Sponsored Programs Information Network (SPIN) tool.
The presentation will take place at 2 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 25, 2019, in Building 212, Room A157.
SPIN is … Read More »
The 2019 edition of Intellectual Property Week kicked off on Monday, Oct. 7, 2019, with a session titled “Kickoff and the Importance of IP.”
Apply by Oct. 14, 2019
The Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) Office of Technology Transitions (OTT) has issued an FY20 call for applications to the Technology Commercialization Fund (TCF). DOE expects to make available approximately $24-$26 million of funding for awards under this solicitation.
Proposal Eligibility Declarations are mandatory. Proposal Eligibility Declarations consist of information … Read More »
Argonne rolled out a revamped Joint Appointment (JA) Program on Oct. 1, 2019. Following a 2018 U.S. Department of Energy review and subsequent recommendations, the JA Program was modified to better align with Argonne’s programmatic priorities. The process was restructured and centralized and changes to the JA Program are consistent with Argonne’s efforts to foster … Read More »
Technology Commercialization and Partnerships (TCP) invites Argonne researchers to register for “Basics of Proposal Preparation,” a presentation that will be held at 2 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 18, 2019, in Building 212, Room A157.
David McCallum, new program capture manager within TCP, will provide Argonne staff with information on the … Read More »
Twelve energy start-ups that have been embedded in U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) national laboratories will showcase their energy technologies for potential investors and the energy community at the Chain Reaction Innovations (CRI) Demo Day 2019, to be held from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2019, at the Gleacher Center … Read More »
Congratulations to the following researchers on having their U.S. patents granted by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for technologies invented at Argonne:
Laser igniter with integral optimal geometry prechamber Patent No.: 10,180,124
Sreenath Gupta (ES) Roberto Torelli (ES)
Packaging design for storage, transportation, and disposal of disused radiological sources Patent No.: 10,186,336
… Read More »
The Science and Technology Partnerships and Outreach directorate (S&TPO) will host a meeting from 3-4 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2019, in the Building 203 Auditorium in which it will share its priorities for the coming year. All Argonne employees are invited to attend to learn about the role S&TPO plays at Argonne and … Read More »
Intellectual property (IP) is the legal framework that protects the value of creations and discoveries. It also helps assure that society benefits from innovations. Naturally, it is important to the work we do at Argonne National Laboratory. Understanding IP can be essential.
- The Proton Size Determined from a New Measurement of the Atomic Hydrogen n=2 Lamb Shift: Resolving the Proton Radius PuzzleNovember 15 - 11:00 am
- Climate Change and Health in IllinoisNovember 18 - 10:30 am
- Flowing the Strong Interactions and the Electric Dipole MomentNovember 18 - 3:30 pm
- Study finds climate impact of hydropower varies widelyNovember 14, 2019
- Chicago Quantum Summit hosts international researchers, industry membersNovember 7, 2019
- X-rays of human skull to improve military helmetsNovember 7, 2019
- #ICYMI - Pioneering collaboration leads researchers to comb through thousands of scientific articles to identify ke… https://t.co/WVx2HNApVn 1 hour ago
- #ICYMI - A computational study on the role of glutamate and NMDA receptors on cortical spreading depression using a… https://t.co/XnDB2YxvCt 8 hours ago