The U.S. Marine Corps 2019 Toys for Tots campaign has begun, and Argonne National Laboratory, supported by the Argonne Combined Appeal, is a DuPage County donation drop-off site. Now through Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2019, new unwrapped toys (in original packaging) for children between the ages of newborn and 12 may be dropped into … Read More
The winners of the 2019 Argonne Combined Appeal (ACA) campaign raffle are listed below. Thank you to all who participated in this year’s raffle. Winners can contact Barb Hall at ext. 2-3512 to arrange pick up of their prize.
Donor Prize Winner 3 Corners Grill & Tap $25 gift card Brian Stephenson (MSD) … Read More »
The Argonne Combined Appeal (ACA) campaign is entering its second phase — a raffle culminating with a drawing to be held a few days after the Argonne picnic on Saturday, July 13, 2019. Raffle tickets go on sale Monday, July 1, through Saturday, July 13, 2019.
Tickets will be sold in the Building 213 Cafeteria … Read More »
To encourage donations for the 2019 Argonne Combined Appeal (ACA), the ACA Committee awarded $25 gas cards each week to early contributors. Thank you to all who contributed.
This year’s winners:
Kevin A. Brown (CPA) Russell J. Foster (BIS) Kawtar Hafidi (PSE) Anna Mikos (FAC) Jerry A. Nolen, Jr. (PHY) Daniel … Read More »
This year’s annual Argonne Combined Appeal (ACA) campaign starts Wednesday, May 1, and ends on Friday, May 31, 2019. The ACA originated in 1961 when the laboratory decided to combine all charitable outreach programs into one organization. In 2018, employees donated $242,499.
The ACA helps support the disadvantaged in the surrounding communities … Read More »
Three local charitable organizations received one-time donations of $2,000 each at the recent Argonne Combined Appeal (ACA) reception. Laboratory Director Paul Kearns presented the donations to representatives from the organizations and ACA Co-Chairs Christina Hanks (HRS) and Carol Spencer (FAC), provided opening remarks and introductions.
The ACA steering committee, composed of … Read More »
The Argonne Combined Appeal (ACA) Steering Committee is looking for volunteers to help manage the lab’s annual charitable contribution campaign.
Steering committee members will help with the following:
Plan the annual ACA campaign Assist with the ACA raffle held at the yearly Argonne Picnic
Meetings are held between February and July on … Read More »
Argonne is participating in the nationwide Toys for Tots campaign sponsored by the U.S. Marine Corps.
Collection boxes will be scattered around the campus starting Monday, Nov. 20, through Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2017.
Building 201 Building 240 Building 362 Building 401 Building 213 Cafeteria Argonne Guest House
Please do not donate … Read More »
The winners of the 2017 Argonne Combined Appeal (ACA) campaign raffle are listed below. Thank you to all who participated in this year’s raffle.
Donor Prize Winner Abri Credit Union $50 Shell Gift Card Dave Boughton (AES) Abri Credit Union $50 Shell Gift Card Nancy Cantwell (FAC) Argonne Guest House Dinner for Two and Gift … Read More »
Two local charitable organizations and two local chapters of national organizations received checks of $1,000 each during the Argonne Combined Appeal (ACA) award reception on Wednesday, April 12, 2017. Interim Laboratory Director Paul Kearns presented donations to Paul McDermott, representing St. Baldrick’s Foundation, Ron Mason from New Foundation of Hope, Stephanie Somers from … Read More »
- Principles of Open Government Data and Open Science in Archaeology: Big Data Lessons from the Digital Index of North American ArchaeologyJanuary 20 - 10:30 am
- Machine Learning in Fundamental Nuclear Physics ResearchJanuary 20 - 3:30 pm
- Development and Deployment of Negative Emissions Technologies: Humanity’s Moonshot for the 21st CenturyJanuary 21 - 11:00 am
- The Big Questions: Ian Foster on High-Performance ComputingJanuary 15, 2020
- Department of Energy announces $625 million for new quantum centersJanuary 10, 2020
- Energy Dept. invests $625M in ‘transformative technology’January 10, 2020
- #ICYMI - The mechanistic and functional profile of the therapeutic anti-IgE antibody ligelizumab differs from omali… https://t.co/1nvX1lbvVP 6 hours ago
- RT @NatureComms : In a recent paper published in @NatureComms and available here https://t.co/DhRpXeiNPc, Phay Ho and colleagues from @EPFL ,… 1 day ago