Seven … Read More
Ten employees of Argonne National Laboratory received Director’s Awards, representing the best of this year’s Pacesetter Awards.
They were honored on Oct. 14 during a reception hosted by Argonne … Read More »
World-class talent deserves world-class recognition and rewards. We are excited to announce that the Argonne Pacesetter Award is now the Impact Argonne Award. A significant funding increase to this award program means you not only have more opportunities to achieve recognition through scientific and operational achievements, but also to receive potentially larger monetary rewards.
Much … Read More »
Twenty-two Argonne National Laboratory community members will be honored at an awards ceremony and reception hosted by the UChicago Argonne Board of Governors on Monday, Nov. 4, at 3 p.m. in the Building 240 TCS Conference Center. All are welcome to attend.
The Board of Governors Awards, presented annually, honor distinguished employee performance, outstanding service … Read More »
The laboratory will honor recipients of the 2019 Postdoctoral Performance Awards at a reception Tuesday, Sept. 24 at 2 p.m. in the Building 213 Bistro Open Area. Welcome remarks will begin at 2:15 p.m. followed by presentation of awards. Light refreshments will be served. All employees are welcome to attend. The Postdoctoral Society of Argonne … Read More »
The Oleo Sponge technology, developed by researchers at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Argonne National Laboratory to clean up oil spills, has been named a finalist for a 2019 Index Award.
Colloquially known as the “Nobel Prizes of Design,” the Index Awards are selected by The Index Project, a Danish nonprofit organization that recognizes technology … Read More »
Argonne nuclear scientists Sasan Bakhtiari … Read More »
Deadline extended: Statement of intent due July 22
Nominations are being sought for the 2019 Postdoctoral Performance Awards to recognize outstanding achievement by postdoctoral appointees in the areas of applied research, basic research, and engineering research. The awards recognize the value and expertise postdocs bring to Argonne’s world-class community of talent. The statement of intent … Read More »
Several Argonne employees received on-the-spot recognition for displaying positive safety and/or quality assurance initiative during the month of May 2019.
Gold Spot Award recipients
Michael Bracken (AES) David Meyer (ASD) Glenn Moonier (AES) Leonard Morrison (AES) Anthony Puttkammer (ASD) Cristen Sarne (AES) William Sterling (STE) Robert Vargas (ASD) Andrzej Walkowicz (NWM) Andrey Yakovenko (XSD)
Silver … Read More »
- The Proton Size Determined from a New Measurement of the Atomic Hydrogen n=2 Lamb Shift: Resolving the Proton Radius PuzzleNovember 15 - 11:00 am
- Climate Change and Health in IllinoisNovember 18 - 10:30 am
- Flowing the Strong Interactions and the Electric Dipole MomentNovember 18 - 3:30 pm
- Study finds climate impact of hydropower varies widelyNovember 14, 2019
- Chicago Quantum Summit hosts international researchers, industry membersNovember 7, 2019
- X-rays of human skull to improve military helmetsNovember 7, 2019
- #ICYMI - Pioneering collaboration leads researchers to comb through thousands of scientific articles to identify ke… https://t.co/WVx2HNApVn 1 hour ago
- #ICYMI - A computational study on the role of glutamate and NMDA receptors on cortical spreading depression using a… https://t.co/XnDB2YxvCt 8 hours ago