Argonne offers its world-class community of talent two vision benefit options to cover vision expenses. Both options are available to all benefits-eligible employees. The BCBSIL Blue Advantage HMO medical plan includes vision coverage at no additional cost as part of the medical plan. The EyeMed Vision Plan offers coverage on vision services and products for … Read More
Argonne’s Human Resource Services will host a benefits fair Tuesday, Nov. 5, through Thursday, Nov. 7, 2019, from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. each day in the Building 213 Cafeteria.
Employees can meet with benefit plan representatives from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Delta Dental, EyeMed, Cigna, Optum RX, Wageworks, Perspectives, Health and Employee Wellness and … Read More »
By Richard Rons (HR), Manager of Employee Benefits
How Argonne determines its benefits coverage
Argonne determines benefits coverage in a number of ways, including benchmarking other U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) laboratories and the lab’s comparator group, legislative requirements, industry standards, and benefit values and costs. Argonne’s Prime Contract with DOE requires us to … Read More »
Open Enrollment is the time when you can add or drop dependents without requiring a change in family status. Read More »
Similar to last year, Human Resource Services is mailing the Open Enrollment brochure ahead of the enrollment period to your primary home address to allow benefits-eligible employees time to compare plans and make decisions. The brochure provides details on changes to the healthcare plans, coverages, and rates.
Be sure to look for your hard copy … Read More »
By Richard Rons (HRS), Manager of Employee Benefits
Argonne offers its employees two medical plan choices: a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) option and a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) option. There are some important distinctions between these two plans.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) administers Argonne’s PPO plan. Argonne pays BCBSIL a … Read More »
Cut through the confusion of nutritional advice and learn the basics of everyday healthy eating. Join us as we focus on how eating well can improve our lives. The 2020 Incentivized Wellness Program (IWP) runs from Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2019, through Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2020, and offers the opportunity to earn wellness … Read More »
Did you know that by participating in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan, you could reduce your taxable income? There are two types of FSAs: Healthcare and Dependent Care. Healthcare FSAs are tax-deferred savings accounts established to help you pay for medical expenses that are not covered under Argonne medical plans, such as copays, coinsurance, … Read More »
Are you contemplating retirement from Argonne in the near future? If so, Human Resource Services – Employee Benefits is offering a presentation on Argonne’s retiree healthcare benefits on Thursday, Sept. 26, 2019, at 10 a.m. in the Building 203 Auditorium. This presentation will include information on Argonne’s pre-65 retiree healthcare, post-65 retiree Medicare and the … Read More »
- The Proton Size Determined from a New Measurement of the Atomic Hydrogen n=2 Lamb Shift: Resolving the Proton Radius PuzzleNovember 15 - 11:00 am
- Climate Change and Health in IllinoisNovember 18 - 10:30 am
- Flowing the Strong Interactions and the Electric Dipole MomentNovember 18 - 3:30 pm
- Study finds climate impact of hydropower varies widelyNovember 14, 2019
- Chicago Quantum Summit hosts international researchers, industry membersNovember 7, 2019
- X-rays of human skull to improve military helmetsNovember 7, 2019
- #ICYMI - Pioneering collaboration leads researchers to comb through thousands of scientific articles to identify ke… https://t.co/WVx2HNApVn 2 hours ago
- #ICYMI - A computational study on the role of glutamate and NMDA receptors on cortical spreading depression using a… https://t.co/XnDB2YxvCt 8 hours ago