Join us in celebrating National Nanotechnology Day at the Center for Nanoscale Materials (CNM) and learn about the most recent advances in cutting-edge nanoscience and nanotechnology research being conducted by CNM staff scientists and postdocs. The event takes place on Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2019, in the Building 440 Lobby from 2 to 4 p.m. … Read More
Center for Nanoscale Materials
The Center for Nanoscale Materials (CNM) is soliciting proposals for user-initiated nanoscience and nanotechnology research. The CNM provides external users with access to a broad range of capabilities for design, synthesis, characterization, and theory and modeling in order to significantly advance the understanding of nanoscale phenomena and develop functional nanoscale systems. Access is provided … Read More »
All Argonne employees are welcome to stop by and visit with the more than 60 companies exhibiting at the Building 402 APS Conference Center in the lower level Gallery and in the first floor Atrium areas.
The open house runs from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, May 6, and Tuesday, May 7, and from … Read More »
Registration is now open for the 2019 APS/CNM Users Meeting which will be held Monday, May 6, through Thursday, May 9, 2019, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Building 402. The meeting includes a lineup of workshops and symposia that highlights the ongoing momentum of research being conducted at the APS … Read More »
Ilke Arslan (NST) has been named to the third cohort of the Oppenheimer Science and Energy Leadership Program. The initiative brings together exceptional early- and mid-career professionals who have the potential to … Read More »
Deadline for submission: Friday, March 2, 2018
The Center for Nanoscale Materials (CNM) is soliciting proposals for user-initiated nanoscience and nanotechnology research. The CNM provides external users with access to a broad range of capabilities for design, synthesis, characterization and theory and modeling in order to significantly advance the understanding of nanoscale phenomena … Read More »
Scientist Maria Chan (NST) will discuss her Laboratory-Directed Research and Development (LDRD) sponsored work at the LDRD Seminar Series presentation Tuesday, Oct. 31, 2017. “Atoms in 3D from 2D Images” begins at … Read More »
The Center for Nanoscale Materials (CNM) is celebrating its 10th anniversary on Friday, October, 27, 2017. All Argonne and DOE employees, students and contractors are invited to attend.
Assistant Scientist Pierre Darancet (NST) will discuss his Laboratory-Directed Research and Development (LDRD) sponsored work at the LDRD Seminar Series presentation Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2017.
“Non-equilibrium Heat Dissipation at the Nanoscale” begins at 12:30 p.m. in … Read More »
Note: Date changed to Wednesday, March 29
Argonne research and development staff have the opportunity to learn about, discuss and propose new ideas for collaborative research at an Argonne Clean Room town hall meeting Wednesday, March 29, 2017, from 9 a.m. to noon in Bldg. 241, Room D-172. The town hall will include an overview … Read More »
- Principles of Open Government Data and Open Science in Archaeology: Big Data Lessons from the Digital Index of North American ArchaeologyJanuary 20 - 10:30 am
- Machine Learning in Fundamental Nuclear Physics ResearchJanuary 20 - 3:30 pm
- Development and Deployment of Negative Emissions Technologies: Humanity’s Moonshot for the 21st CenturyJanuary 21 - 11:00 am
- The Big Questions: Ian Foster on High-Performance ComputingJanuary 15, 2020
- Department of Energy announces $625 million for new quantum centersJanuary 10, 2020
- Energy Dept. invests $625M in ‘transformative technology’January 10, 2020
- #ICYMI - The mechanistic and functional profile of the therapeutic anti-IgE antibody ligelizumab differs from omali… https://t.co/1nvX1lbvVP 6 hours ago
- RT @NatureComms : In a recent paper published in @NatureComms and available here https://t.co/DhRpXeiNPc, Phay Ho and colleagues from @EPFL ,… 2 days ago