Connect with colleagues across the lab and share with our community at the “Holidays Around the World” potluck lunch Monday, Dec. 16, 2019, at noon in Building 240, Room 1416. All are welcome to participate.
Argonne’s employee resource group ABLED (Argonne Backs, Listens, and Educates for Disabilities), will recognize International Day of Persons with Disabilities on Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2019, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Building 213 Cafeteria. Following this year’s theme, “The Future is Accessible,” the day provides an opportunity to promote the rights and well-being … Read More »
The Argonne community includes people who belong to a wide range of gender identities and/or sexual orientations, and people who are allies to their LGBTQIA+ peers. Spectrum is Argonne’s employee resource group (ERG) for those minorities and their allies, dedicated to fostering an environment of understanding, acceptance, and equality.
Spectrum invites the community to celebrate … Read More »
Creating a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment has been a priority for me and my leadership team, and I’d like to share three updates that demonstrate our ongoing commitment and progress. Our progress on this diversity and inclusion (D&I) journey is important to me, our community, and our impact.
As part of our commitment … Read More »
After a national search, Philip Anderson has been appointed director of the Argonne Leadership Institute in Human Resource Services. He will partner with leaders and employees across the laboratory to … Read More »
Argonne’s newest employee resource group ABLED (Argonne Backs, Listens, and Educates for Disabilities), will meet on Tuesday, April 9, 2019, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Building 201, Room 190. There will be networking from 11:30 to noon. All are welcome.
For questions or information, contact email@example.com.
By Julie Nuter, Chief Human Resources Officer
The staff in Human Resource Services is committed to working as a team with our partners across the laboratory to create and sustain our world-class community of talent. The Argonne Leadership Institute is an important resource in these efforts.
This fall several listening sessions were conducted by Kensington … Read More »
Argonne will commemorate International Women’s Day on Friday, March 8, 2019, with a celebration from 11 am. to 1 p.m. in the Building 240 Conference Center, Room 1416. The event is sponsored by Argonne’s Women in Science and Technology Program (WIST).
International Women’s Day celebrates the achievements of women, raises awareness of gender inequality, and … Read More »
In celebration of Black History Month, Frederick Gregory, former NASA astronaut and former NASA deputy administrator, will give a talk titled “Influences, Contributions and Future Discoveries” on Tuesday, Feb. 19, at 11 a.m. in the Building 402 Auditorium. All employees whose schedules permit are invited to attend.
Gregory will describe the influence of both people … Read More »
NEW SESSIONS ADDED
As we continue to foster a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment at Argonne, our core values — Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity and Teamwork — serve as guideposts for our interactions and decision-making. The next step is to reach a consistent understanding of the acceptable behaviors that support each value, as well as … Read More »
- Principles of Open Government Data and Open Science in Archaeology: Big Data Lessons from the Digital Index of North American ArchaeologyJanuary 20 - 10:30 am
- Machine Learning in Fundamental Nuclear Physics ResearchJanuary 20 - 3:30 pm
- Development and Deployment of Negative Emissions Technologies: Humanity’s Moonshot for the 21st CenturyJanuary 21 - 11:00 am
- The Big Questions: Ian Foster on High-Performance ComputingJanuary 15, 2020
- Department of Energy announces $625 million for new quantum centersJanuary 10, 2020
- Energy Dept. invests $625M in ‘transformative technology’January 10, 2020
- #ICYMI - The mechanistic and functional profile of the therapeutic anti-IgE antibody ligelizumab differs from omali… https://t.co/1nvX1lbvVP 6 hours ago
- RT @NatureComms : In a recent paper published in @NatureComms and available here https://t.co/DhRpXeiNPc, Phay Ho and colleagues from @EPFL ,… 1 day ago