Argonne’s Mandy Youker, the Work Planning and Control Program Manager, emphasizes the responsibilities of the Person In Charge in the WPC video, “Work Planning and Control: the Person In Charge.” The function of the Person in Charge, or PIC, is the same in each type of work control, whether using the skill-of-the-worker role (SOW), … Read More
Argonne’s Thomas Wallner (ES) speaks to the importance of the worker’s role in the new video, “Work Planning and Control: the Worker.” The worker knows the equipment, understands the status of the work and is the most up-to-date on the status of the work, says Wallner, a section manager for Advanced Mobility … Read More »
The work planning and control (WPC) webpages have been updated and reformatted with new information and resources to help you understand and implement WPC across Argonne.
The WPC webpage has a new layout and links. It provides one-click access to videos, quick reference guides, information sheets, training information, policies and procedures, and the Aware … Read More »
A new question about Aware, Argonne’s new work planning and control application, will appear each week in Snapshot starting Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018. Answers will be listed on this page.
The Argonne Work Planning and Control Manual provides the overall vision and goals for the enhanced work planning and control process. It outlines the Argonne expectations for effective, simpler and safer work planning and control.
Divisions and directorates can determine what actions they must take in order to meet or exceed the … Read More »
Much like “approver” and “authorizer,” the terms “hazard” and “risk” may appear interchangeable, but they are not.
A “hazard” is a fixed determination made about a substance, chemical, compound or other hazardous substance or task entered into the hazard tree. The hazard tree assigns the hazard level based upon severity, type of hazard, and controls … Read More »
As the Work Planning and Control project has progressed, we’ve discovered that there is a lot of confusion between “approving” work and “authorizing” work. If you look up the word “authorize” in a thesaurus, one of … Read More »
Aware, the laboratory’s enhanced work planning and control application, launched on Oct. 1, 2018. The Improving How We Work Application Team engaged key stakeholders to create the upgraded work planning and control application so that it provides end-user flexibility and usability for the input and output of the work planning and control process.
Stakeholder teams, … Read More »
“Aware” is the name for the laboratory’s enhanced work planning and control online application. Aware beat out several other submissions in a contest launched by the Improving How We Work – Work Planning and Control project team. From submissions received from across the laboratory, the team narrowed the selections down to the top five, which … Read More »
Special thanks to everyone who completed the Improving How We Work Change Readiness Assessment. This baseline survey provided meaningful data on the current state of work planning and control at Argonne. Your candor and thoughtful observations are extremely valuable as we continue to focus on our shared mission of improving how we work.
Over the … Read More »
- Principles of Open Government Data and Open Science in Archaeology: Big Data Lessons from the Digital Index of North American ArchaeologyJanuary 20 - 10:30 am
- Machine Learning in Fundamental Nuclear Physics ResearchJanuary 20 - 3:30 pm
- Development and Deployment of Negative Emissions Technologies: Humanity’s Moonshot for the 21st CenturyJanuary 21 - 11:00 am
- The Big Questions: Ian Foster on High-Performance ComputingJanuary 15, 2020
- Department of Energy announces $625 million for new quantum centersJanuary 10, 2020
- Energy Dept. invests $625M in ‘transformative technology’January 10, 2020
- #ICYMI - The mechanistic and functional profile of the therapeutic anti-IgE antibody ligelizumab differs from omali… https://t.co/1nvX1lbvVP 6 hours ago
- RT @NatureComms : In a recent paper published in @NatureComms and available here https://t.co/DhRpXeiNPc, Phay Ho and colleagues from @EPFL ,… 1 day ago