Hundreds of free books, courtesy of the Argonne Research Library, will be available to interested employees from Monday, Oct. 21 through Friday, Oct. 25, 2019. Browse through hundreds of gently used and duplicate library books scheduled to be withdrawn from circulation. This year the library received many donations which were not needed. These donations, as … Read More
The Argonne Research Library is sponsoring two workshops presented by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) on Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2019, in Building 240, Room 1404. Both sessions are free and light refreshments will be served. There will also be a lunchtime Q&A with IEEE representatives and Argonne Library staff.
IEEE is the … Read More »
The Argonne Research Library is coordinating subscriptions to O’Reilly Online Learning, previously known as Safari Books Online. The O’Reilly platform is an e-reference library supporting information technology and business professionals.
O’Reilly provides access to content from more than 200 publishers, including the popular O’Reilly titles for technology and business. Beginning in August, the platform will … Read More »
In celebration of National Library Week, Argonne Research Library staff will host an outreach session in the foyer of the Building 213 Cafeteria on Tuesday, April 9, 2019, from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Tuesday is National Library Workers Day, designated to honor all library staff and the valuable contributions that they make.
Members of the Research … Read More »
The Argonne Research Library’s new library system will become available to the Argonne community beginning Jan. 28, 2019, and users of the library will notice a few new features. In addition to an updated interface for the library’s Research Navigator, employees will be able to view their individual library account, and renew print materials online.
… Read More »
The Argonne Research Library now offers electronic access to the ASM Handbooks. The ASM Handbooks are a comprehensive source of information on ferrous and non-ferrous metals and materials technology. Employees can search and browse content from all 30 volumes, plus print individual pages. The Library will monitor usage for the next few years to decide … Read More »
The Argonne Research Library will hold an informational session on EndNote Tuesday, Aug. 22, 2017, at 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Building 213 Cafeteria, Manganese section.
Topics covered include:
Brief overview of how to use EndNote How to transfer citations from databases Tips and tricks
An EndNote “How To” guide is available Read More »
The Argonne Research Library is hosting a free trial to ThirdIron’s BrowZine platform. BrowZine provides a powerful browsing experience for scholarly journals. With BrowZine you can create “bookshelves” of your favorite journal titles and be alerted to new issues, as well as articles in press. You can easily view the Table of … Read More »
The latest TWIST tour (Tours of the Women in Science and Technology Program) will explore Argonne’s hidden gem, the Bldg. 240 Library. The Library includes books, journals, microfilm reports, technical reports and more. We will explore the Library and learn how to navigate through its multiple resources.
The tour is scheduled for Thursday, May 11, … Read More »
The Argonne Research Library is celebrating National Library Week by highlighting a different database each day. The complete list of research databases in the Library collection is available here.
IHS Industry Standards
- Principles of Open Government Data and Open Science in Archaeology: Big Data Lessons from the Digital Index of North American ArchaeologyJanuary 20 - 10:30 am
- Machine Learning in Fundamental Nuclear Physics ResearchJanuary 20 - 3:30 pm
- Development and Deployment of Negative Emissions Technologies: Humanity’s Moonshot for the 21st CenturyJanuary 21 - 11:00 am
- The Big Questions: Ian Foster on High-Performance ComputingJanuary 15, 2020
- Department of Energy announces $625 million for new quantum centersJanuary 10, 2020
- Energy Dept. invests $625M in ‘transformative technology’January 10, 2020
- #ICYMI - The mechanistic and functional profile of the therapeutic anti-IgE antibody ligelizumab differs from omali… https://t.co/1nvX1lbvVP 6 hours ago
- RT @NatureComms : In a recent paper published in @NatureComms and available here https://t.co/DhRpXeiNPc, Phay Ho and colleagues from @EPFL ,… 2 days ago