Mark Hereld (MCS) spotted this mother crayfish near Building 240 recently. Note the hatchlings clinging to the underside of her tail.
The Argonne Fire Department and the … Read More »
Carolyn Steele (BIS) photographed this snapping turtle (Chelydra serpentina) near Building 201 on June 9, 2017. This is probably a female searching for a good nesting spot; it’s prime snapper laying season … Read More »
The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County may conduct prescribed fires in Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve. Read More »
Although crosswalk reminder signs are meant to protect human pedestrians, drivers should stop for Canada geese as well. CEPA Senior Photographer Mark Lopez took this photo of a small gaggle crossing … Read More »
Senior Scientist David Streets (ES) took these photos of a pair of sandhill cranes near Building 362. The large, migratory birds are probably resting for at time before resuming their long trek south for the winter. Read More »
Tim Jonasson (ASD) photographed this robin’s nest on a Dewar at the Advanced Photon Source. Luckily for the robin family, the tank won’t be needed until the next shutdown in the summer, so the nest and its residents can remain undisturbed for now.
- Molecular Diagnostics in Pediatrics: Future of Precision MedicineOctober 15 - 10:00 am
- ALP Miniclusters and Early Matter DominationOctober 15 - 10:15 am
- Polymer Informatics: Current Status and Critical Next StepsOctober 15 - 11:00 am
- Peering into batteries: X-rays reveal lithium-ion's mysteriesOctober 10, 2019
- Argonne releases GREET 2019October 8, 2019
- What Can Cyberdefenses Learn from the Human Immune System?October 8, 2019
- RT @argonne_lcf : On Oct. 16, Ignacio Laguna of @Livermore_Comp will lead a webinar on tools and techniques for floating-point analysis as p… 5 hours ago
- RT @argonne_lcf : Join us on Oct. 30 for a webinar on the SYCL programming model presented by Intel's Konstantin (Konst) Bobrovskii. Regist… 5 hours ago