Seven … Read More
Meaningful mentoring workshop to focus on ways to maintain effective communication in a mentoring relationship
The Postdoctoral Program Office will offer the last meaningful mentoring workshop of the year on Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2019, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in Building 201, Room 102. This session will focus on ways to maintain effective communication in a mentoring relationship.
The series is recommended for anyone seeking to strengthen skills as … Read More »
Deadline for abstracts is Oct. 18
The 2019 Postdoctoral Research and Career Symposium will take place Thursday, Nov. 7, 2019, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Building 240 TCS Conference Center.
Showcases postdoctoral research Highlights diverse career paths for postdocs Promotes networking among postdocs and with industry representatives
This year’s keynote … Read More »
Postdocs and graduate students are invited to attend “Designing Your Industry Career Path and Genuine Networking” on Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2019, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Building 446 Auditorium.
Are you thinking about a career in industry but are not sure how to start? Does the thought of networking make you cringe? … Read More »
The laboratory will honor recipients of the 2019 Postdoctoral Performance Awards at a reception Tuesday, Sept. 24 at 2 p.m. in the Building 213 Bistro Open Area. Welcome remarks will begin at 2:15 p.m. followed by presentation of awards. Light refreshments will be served. All employees are welcome to attend. The Postdoctoral Society of Argonne … Read More »
The Postdoctoral Society of Argonne (PSA) is pleased to host Marius Stan (AMD) for a special PSA Coffee Break event for National Postdoctoral Appreciation Week. The seminar will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019, at 2 p.m. in the Building 402 Auditorium.
The Postdoctoral Program Office is hosting two workshops to prepare job seekers for diverse careers. Both workshops are scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 8, 2019, in the Building 203 Auditorium.
The first workshop will address structuring your CV for an academic career. The second workshop will present strategies and guidelines for crafting highly effective job application … Read More »
The Postdoctoral Program Office will offer an interactive workshop, “Negotiation and Influential Power,” on Tuesday, July 23, 2019, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in Building 241, Room D172.
Workshop participants will learn the basics of two different types of negotiation, develop their own understanding of a negotiation framework, and have an opportunity to practice … Read More »
Deadline extended: Statement of intent due July 22
Nominations are being sought for the 2019 Postdoctoral Performance Awards to recognize outstanding achievement by postdoctoral appointees in the areas of applied research, basic research, and engineering research. The awards recognize the value and expertise postdocs bring to Argonne’s world-class community of talent. The statement of intent … Read More »
The Postdoctoral Program Office presents “Preparing for the Academic Job Search,” a two-part workshop offered to postdocs and graduate students. Refreshments will be provided.
For more information, contact Postdoctoral Program Lead, Tina Henne.
The two sessions focus on academic job search and will cover:
Finding the … Read More »
- Principles of Open Government Data and Open Science in Archaeology: Big Data Lessons from the Digital Index of North American ArchaeologyJanuary 20 - 10:30 am
- Machine Learning in Fundamental Nuclear Physics ResearchJanuary 20 - 3:30 pm
- Development and Deployment of Negative Emissions Technologies: Humanity’s Moonshot for the 21st CenturyJanuary 21 - 11:00 am
- The Big Questions: Ian Foster on High-Performance ComputingJanuary 15, 2020
- Department of Energy announces $625 million for new quantum centersJanuary 10, 2020
- Energy Dept. invests $625M in ‘transformative technology’January 10, 2020
- #ICYMI - The mechanistic and functional profile of the therapeutic anti-IgE antibody ligelizumab differs from omali… https://t.co/1nvX1lbvVP 6 hours ago
- RT @NatureComms : In a recent paper published in @NatureComms and available here https://t.co/DhRpXeiNPc, Phay Ho and colleagues from @EPFL ,… 2 days ago